Chapter 1 – My Birthday
It was on my 17th birthday that I first heard – or felt – God’s voice. In those days, we seemed to have a happy extended family in Anathoth and I was welcome in it. Times are different now…
From a family of priests in the peaceful reign of good King Josiah, came a young man Jeremiah, bringing words from God to his people. It was no message for the fainthearted, either. It was a message of Terror on Every Side!
A young king and a young prophet. What could they do together for the people of Israel? Could the disaster be averted?
This story will lead you through the exciting life of Jeremiah, a prophet in ancient Israel, who delivered warnings of imminent terror for his nation - and lived to see them come true.
Volume 1 is also available in paperback with a larger font (10.5pt) and in hardcover (12.5pt).
- Paperback book with white paper
- 111mm x 178mm (4.37" x 7")
- Body text 9.5pt
- 186 pages
- Second Edition (2020) with extra resources includes
- Family trees of Jeremiah, Josiah and Shaphan
- Maps of the Babylonian empire, Judah/Israel and Jerusalem
- Timeline of Jeremiah's life
- ISBN: 978-1-925587-09-8 (Supersedes First Edition ISBN: 978-1-925587-00-5)
- Footnotes with background details and Bible references
- Complete list of characters from the life of Jeremiah